My friend Sun (check out her blog! Filled with running inspiration and yummy sweet recipes!) nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award. The award is meant to be given to a blog that is a favorite of yours, particularly ones that are up and coming with a smaller following. Those nominated need to answer 11 questions posed by the person nominating, include 11 random facts, create 11 new questions and nominate 11 blogs.
- Why did you decide to start blogging? I started blogging to document my journey to qualifying for the Olympic Trials. With family and friends in the Midwest and me in Arizona, it was a fun way to keep everyone posted. I LOVE reading running blogs. I love getting new ideas from others and just read about what they are doing in their training.
- How did you decide on your blog’s name? It’s just my name. Nothing creative unfortunately. My blog has had a black background since Sally Meyerhoff passed away in March of 2011. She was such an inspiration to me and her advice helped me to get to where I am today.
- What are your top five favorite foods? My favorite foods are maple syrup, pancakes, beets, My Dad’s spicy grilled shrimp, Matt’s spicy spaghetti, and one more, I have to include my Mom’s pudding cake!!
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Eating as many pancakes as I want without gaining weight.
- What’s the best gift you ever received? Hmmm, I think the trip to Latvia that my parents took us on in 2008. We are 100% Latvian, so it was really awesome to see the homeland and to learn more about our ancestry and culture. We plan on going back next summer. I can’t wait.
- Are there any current style trends that make you cringe? I still wear the same clothes from college, so I am totally unfashionable. I cringe at almost everything I see at the mall. I prefer wearing running clothes. I hate clothes shopping.
- Why do you workout and what’s your current routine? I love running. It gives me time to think, to push myself, and to challenge myself. I love feeling fit, and I love to compete. I run around 100 miles per week right now for my half-marathon training segment. I have been doing some light swimming after my hard workouts and do either core or strength work 3x per week.
- Who is your role model? My Mom, sister, teammates.
- What accomplishment are you most proud of? Working my tail off and being accepted to the Hanson’s Brooks team. Dream come true for sure.
- If you could participate in any Olympic sport, which would you pick? If not running, I would love to do beach volleyball..If I was tall and most importantly not afraid of the ball.
- Where would you like to travel next? Matt and I would love to go to Italy or France together. I would also be happy going up to Frankenmuth again. 🙂
11 Random Things About Me.
1. I hate the word “Libation”. Adult beverage, cocktail, etc. work just fine. (DAD!!!)
2. I get really bad sun spots on my back in the summer.
3. I am a worrywort. To the core.
4. I am a HUGE Tom Petty fan.
5. I regret having a tatoo. (Yes Mom and Dad, you were right. There, I said it) But, I am too scared to have it removed. I have heard it hurts like the dickens.
6. I like saying “dickens” i.e. “Run like the dickens” “I have to pee like the dickens” on and on.
7. I like goofy humor like Marcel The Shell With Shoes On. *love*
8. I love coffee way too much. The thought of having coffee after my run gets me through the workouts.
9. I get overly excited and flustered about stuff easily.
10. I like watching Real Housewives.
11. I need to get back to reading, writing, and doing crossword puzzles instead.
Bloggers I nominate:
Allison and Derek at AZParentsontherun
Katie at Runthisamazingday
Ari at Ari’sMenu
Amy at Runnin’ Down a Dream
Cristin at Ultimate Stamina
Nichole at Nichole Running
Jenny at Jenny on the Run
Allison at lovalli life
Tere at terezacher.com
Your 11 questions:
1. What is your dream job?
2. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
3. What is your favorite board game?
4. Favorite pair of shoes?
5. Do you salt your food before tasting it?
6. What is your favorite wine/beer/ or juice if you don’t imbibe in adult beverages?
7. What is your biggest fear?
8. The name of the last book you read? (no lying if it was 50 Shades of Grey!!! haha)
9. What is the best thing that you can cook?
10. What is your main motivation in following your dreams?
11. What is one food you detest?