I love racing the Mountain to Fountain 15k. It is a challenging course, and you have to run it smart. Miles 2-4 are steep downhill. You have a bunch of rollers until mile 7 where the monster hill is, and there is one more bump right before the finish. My race plan was to be 5:40 mile 1, high 5:20’s until mile 4 and then keeping a 5:35 overall average until the end. I executed my plan perfectly… until about the 10k mark. Ha! I have run up that stupid hill a million times and it still chewed me up!
Positives from the race:
1. My stomach was a champ- AGAIN! Osmo + daily Metamucil = life-changing.
2. I came in 3rd in a stacked field and ran mostly by myself. Super happy.
3. I passed two ladies and was trying so hard to catch Sarah in that last mile!
4. Ran a 10k PR of 34:46 at the 10k but it doesn’t really count since it was half downhill. 😉
5. Ran a 15k PR- can’t be upset about that! I ran faster at the 15k (52:43) mark in Houston during the half, but I had a pack to work with and the course was very flat.
All in all, it was a great day. It was so fun to see so many friends out there and the weather was gorgeous!
And…I may or may not be in marathon training. Will hopefully spill the beans soon.
Run happy and enjoy the spring racing season!